‘Where can I see my eBook on sale?’
It can take anywhere between 24 hours and 6 weeks for your eBook to be listed on our distribution channels (and obviously it will not be available through channels which you did not choose to sell through, or have asked us to de-list from).
Some of our primary channels have extensive networks, including specialist eBook retail websites. Your eBook file may not be listed on all of the available sites if your content does not suit their requirements for example.
If you have requested submission to the library networks, your eBook file will be available for sale to the libraries, but may not be purchased by them unless a library user requests your title.
You can check to see if your book has been approved and listed by following the steps below:
Most eBook retailers have very straightforward search features, and should display your book if you search by title, author or ISBN
- Amazon – Go to your local Amazon website (e.g. Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk), navigate to the Kindle Books section and enter the name of your book in the search box. If your book has a title which is similar a number of other books, you may not appear on the first page of results. If you cannot find your book by searching by the title, try searching by the author name.
- Apple – If you have an Apple device such as an iPad or iPhone you can search using the iBooks app or iTunes. Alternatively, you can use the Apple Link Maker website.
- Barnes & Noble – Go to barnesandnoble.com and use the search box to search within the Nook Books section. We recommend searching by ISBN (no spaces or dashes), title or author name.
- Google Play – Visit the Google Play’s Books section and use the search box to search by ISBN (no spaces or dashes), title or author name.
- Kobo – Go to your local Kobo website and use the search box to search by ISBN (no spaces or dashes), title or author name.
- Bookmate – Visit bookmate.com and use the search box to search by ISBN (no spaces or dashes), title or author name.
- eSentral – Browse to e-sentral.com and use the search box to search by ISBN (no spaces or dashes), title or author name.
As distributors supply a large number of retailers, not all of whom may be suitable for listing your eBook, it can be trickier to see whether your title has been accepted into the distributor’s system.
- Gardners – Use the search box in the top right corner of the Gardners homepage. You will need to search using the ISBN number (no dashes or spaces). If the search returns your book it will probably say that the ‘Stock’ is zero – this is usual for eBooks as there is no physical stock.
- OverDrive – You can search the OverDrive website to see if your book is in their system.